12.18.2008

There's a time and a place....

Yesterday, K and I were at Target, doing one of our regular errand days. We stopped to use the bathroom at the entrance, so we could shop without interruption. It was a little crowded, so I let K go in a stall (she wanted to do it "by herself") while I waited. Another stall opened up, so I went in, and still finished before her. I called through the door, "K, are you alright?" "Yes mommy, I just pooped." I heard giggles from at least 2 other stalls. My response was something like, "Thanks, but I don't need details, and I'm sure all these other ladies enjoyed hearing about your potty habits." One lady called out, "At least you know she's healthy." K finished and flushed and came out to wash her hands....we got lots of "awww, isn't she cute" looks as we left.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

so far, reading blogs backwards as it happens, I have read about K going potty in Target twice. She is braver than I am about using public restrooms.